Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Buenos Aires- day 1

Wednesday, April 24– I think!

It’s true!  It’s true!  The drain drains counter clockwise.  Does that mean that time goes backwards here?  I tried to take a picture but  I don’t think you’d actually be able to see it.

We survived our long flight to Buenos Aires.  It really wasn’t too bad  except for the terribly ill man behind me who constantly called the flight attendant and caused commotion in the aisles!  My faithful and obedient companion is probably 

oblivious to this.


  Every time I fell asleep 💤 someone was dangling something into my head or shoulders that
 woke me up.  Maybe it was his outrageously loud coughing that made me crazy and made me want 
to have added vitamin C.  I felt sorry for him but 
didn’t understand all the conversations in Spanish 
that were going on to help him.  It’s a strange 
thing to be mono lingual in a multilingual world.  I was thinking it would be a good thing to have Melissa or Diana along to help figure out what was going on.  
Anyway, we are tucked into a lovely hotel.  After 
a three hour nap, cocktails in the lobby, 




 a walk along Florida Street,  (which reminded me of Canal Street in NYC) and dinner at a wonderful
 restaurant  



 we are ready to watch some Spanish TV and fall asleep.  Any one else want to watch Big Bang Theory  in Spanish?

Tomorrow we hope to tour Buenos Aires.

Traffic here is equivalent to any very 
large US city and we are staying I the town center.  Did you all know that Argentina is 7th in square miles to the entire world?   I didn’t! This is a picture of us waiting for a taxi at the airport.  


The errors on this post are due to it’s incapacity to deal with my iPad.  The internet  is fabulous and frustrating!
Until next time,
💜
Barbara


1 comment: