Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hi everyone, This note just came in from Eileen via email. So glad that you picked Half Broke Horses.  I've been wanting to read it since reading The Glass Castle but haven't gotten to it.  I haven't read The Color of Water yet.  Will get to it though.  I seem to always be a month behind for some reason.  I just started The Great Bridge by David McCullough.  We went to the Roebling Museum with Sonshiners the other month and I found it so interesting that I decided to read the book (which I had gotten for Bob many years ago).  So far it's very interesting but not a fast read. I just finished I Never Promised You A Goodie Bag.  I thought it was really good.  Mother didn't like it much.  Also read Unorthodox - that was so interesting and informative re: Haisidic Jews (sp.).  There were so many comparisons with Amish Grace.   I  finally got Defending Jacob.  I enjoyed it.  Mother didn't like the ending.  I can't think of any better way for it to have ended.  Take good care.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment