Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Book

Hi Readers,


You would think that I could find a clever book to present for April Fool's Day like:


April Fool by William Deverall or



Fooled You!  by Nancy E. Krulik (a cute children's book)  or      

                        

                                                April Fool's Day  by 


But alas, I am not that clever nor did I want to take a chance on non-recommended books.  Of course the children's books are always good for a chuckle.  

Did I go for another WW2 book?  No, even though The Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson sits on my nightstand.  I am hoping that this months book is a fast read so I can read this loiterer! 

You will be happy to know that this month's book was selected scientifically thought deduction and exclusion.  Two post it notes had initials of the titles and DH (Dear Husband) selected one not knowing which was which.  Then we come to the Book of the Month for April 2012:
                                   The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

                                                                Paperback BookcoverEven though this photo says buy a signed copy of the book, I don't have any!  It's just a photo I borrowed from the Rebecca Skloot website.  This book was named as one of the best books of 2010.  So here's to Henrietta and the story - true - that Rebecca tells.  

Some posted comments about Defending Jacob will follow later this week.  I am trying to give DH time to finish but he keeps getting skitzzed out by the book and puts it down.  

Have a wonderful day and a great Holy Week!

Happy reading,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment