Thursday, March 22, 2012

What's the Defense?

Hello Readers,


So, how is Defending Jacob coming along?  This was a great suggestions Maria!  Thank you.  I am about 3/4 done.  It's interesting to me that the character development isn't as gripping as I thought it would be.  I am thinking that male authors just don't do that as well (?) as female ones.  What do you think?  For instance, Kristen Hannah's characters get to me from the beginning of the book.  I identify with them (sometimes all of them) and want to know what happens beyond the book.   In Unbroken, The Book Thief, and now in Defending Jacob, I appreciate the story, have empathy and understanding of the characters and the twists and turns of the plot but I don't become integral to to character.  Does that even make sense?  
Hope you are all reading and enjoying the book.  Just 2 weeks til April!  What will the April book be?  Male or female author?  Current era or long ago?  Fiction or non?  Stay tuned!


Happy Reading,


Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Since I am on and posting...
    Defending Jacob, I must be using the "man" side of my brain, I am totally engrossed by the characters so much I am "scared" to see where this goes. You women will probably just figure like most men my brain is just up my butt! However, I think the character development is engrossing!! Sorry to disagree Blog "master". Jim

    ReplyDelete