Saturday, February 4, 2012

One for the Money - WRAP!

I just searched the internet for some review of ONE FOR THE MONEY movie and OUCH!  No one seems to like it.  Has anyone seen it yet?  Interesting that the reviewer from Rolling Stone loves Evanovich's book but thought Hollywood just butchered all the characters.  Another review went along with my thoughts that Stephanie Plum would make a great TV show.  So, what do you think?


The Stephanie Plum character was hysterical as far as I am concerned.  I couldn't help laughing out loud at the antics and relationships.  So, who is your favorite character?  


Would you read an Evanovich book again?  Have you read one in the past?  {I want to read another and read this back in the 90's}  It is light and easy so would be great beach reading in my opinion. 


My favorite scene is the shower scene.  I have such a clear picture of it in my mind and I laugh every-time I think of it.  


Now, here is a serious question about reading. 
#1- Do you read in different voices for different characters? 
#2- When you read a book say about the south with a narrator do you hear it in your head with a southern accent?  
This question is a current discussion in my house and  I am looking for your thoughts on this matter.


One little reminder:  Those of you who find it difficult to leave comments, please feel free to email me and I will post them in this section.  


Have a wonderful day fellow readers and hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later. 


Barbara

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Stephanie Plum was very amusing! I also found myself laughing out loud at some of the things she said and did. I liked her grandmother too. She came up with some funny things. I also liked Joe Morelli.
    The shower scene was hysterical. The writing was so clear and descriptive that it is so easy to visualize!
    I have read one other book in the series and would enjoy reading more.
    It would make a great TV show. I'm disappointed in the reviews for the movie. I was looking forward to seeing it.
    I do not read with different voices or accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this book. I have read all 18 of the Stephanie Plum series. They are my laugh every summer when her newest books hit the shelves in June. Growing up in that area and having my good friend from Bordentown (the scene of many of her later crimes) just makes the ability to visualize the people and places that much easier. I saw the movie this weekend, and although not Academy Award potential still brought a smile or two to my face. (Especially the scene where Morelli's car gets blown up with Morty Beyers in it. Sounds morbid I know but the reactions of Morelli and Plum were definitely a chuckle) I do think it really is more a made for television series, and maybe that is what they will end up doing with the characters. If they do I'll be sure to tune in.
      As for the voice of my characters, I do try to give them different voices, accents, etc. It makes the story more "real" somehow. The problem for me becomes what happens when I can't "find" their voice? I am not always good with picking their tone, etc. I give it a couple of chapters and if the character doesn't come to me, I try not to get bogged down and just keep reading. Sometimes it is revealed to me later, sometimes not.

      Delete