Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recap of December 2012 BOM


Hey Readers,

Some of you read the Christmas books and others were too busy in December driving to Colorado!  I will just give you my blathering on the books.

The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
Believe it or not, this is the first time I read or have seen the movie.  I love the theme about the bells and have always enjoyed It’s a Wonderful Life (the movie with Jimmy Stewart) for that same reason.  Ringing of bells is very important to the Christmas Spirit.  The illustrations in the book seem very gloomy to me.  Chris Van Allsburg is an American author and illustrator of children's books. He won the Caldecott Medal, for Jumanji and The Polar Express.  I never read Jumanji but I enjoyed the movie with Robin Williams.  It didn’t seem as gloomy to me.  What do you think?

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson 
I thought this book was a hoot.  I could just imagine the church where we were long time member and the people being up in arms about the pageant going awry.  The Herdman children really livened up the show and helped the meaning of the story hit home.  Of course I am remembering one adorable little child getting hot up there on the stage and proceeding to take off his costume then his shirt, then…. Well, just use your imagination on that one!

I hope you are enjoying Gone Girl and I look forward to hearing from all of you when the month is over.  Debbie, I know, has already read it and gave me her hard copy so she is a step ahead of us. 


Happy Reading,

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment