Sunday, November 18, 2012


Happy Thanksgiving dear Readers!

I hope you are enjoying the beginning of the holiday season with your family and friends.  Ski season is upon us and we are so eager to be back on the slopes. 

I was very excited that Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult was a quick read since that freed me up to have the chance to read a couple additional books this month.  Since some of you may not have finished Lone Wolf  I will tell you about one of the books I read during November. 

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
Best quotation in the book: ‘meet the world with hope in your heart’

The basis for this book is Safe Haven Laws where people can ‘drop off their infants’ at a safe place and not face criminal penalties.  In my opinion this book covers the perspective of those on the giving and receiving end of these laws (unwanted pregnancies, teenage angst, adults desperately wanting to be parents, and those incapable of parenting).  This was also a quick read and I enjoyed it.  I read The Weight of Silence by this author a few years ago and would recommend it also. 

Both books are a work of fiction and lighter than some of the things we've been reading all year although the subject matter is relevant and enlightening.  December’s BOM will also be lighter fare since I needed a break from the memoirs we have enjoyed this year. 

Til next time,

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment